All 8 art Reviews

Gasp Gasp

great realistic painting style with comic book colors

reaction image reaction image

The most popular reaaction shots have a weird or original quality to it, look at the yao ming or the I feel your feel shots and think about if theres an opening there. Your drawing ability is fine.

The Farm: page 4 The Farm: page 4

I like the design and motion betwen frames in this comic, probably the only submission so far that made me a little creeped out. Hope it wins.

MiddleFingerRings responds:

To creep people out is one of my most important goals. Thanks!

RAIN RAIN

Jesus Christ, you made this in three days? I basically procrastinated for two days and i spent a couple hours producing my shit. Holy shit man, holy shit! The inking here is really well defined, I like the general look of the comic--I just like looking at it man, the anatomy and panel to panel storytelling is also "professional" quality. I say professional because this is better than some of the professional stuff I see. Good work.

deathink responds:

Thanks man, I am glad you liked it, I put a lot of hard work into it... and I did it in two days... I had to work the whole day on Friday, and didn't get to start it until Saturday afternoon

The Farm: page 1 The Farm: page 1

Really liking the storytelling in this comic, I initially wanted to hate on it from the thumbnails, but the world created here is pretty compelling even from the start.

MiddleFingerRings responds:

Thanks a lot!

The Changeling The Changeling

I'm really digging the texture on this piece, it's so smooth. It's like she's made out of water.

Will you ever try your hand at animation?

Vermingar Vermingar

good stuff, better than your other stuff

I really like this sort of comic style, your color selection here is also appealing. After I saw this pic, I looked through the rest of your archive and I have to say--it's not as impressive as this piece, and a lot of it is due to the stiffness and anatomical incorrectness of the characters there. That isn't a problem here. Also, the colors here are better than the subpar selection on the rest of your work.

What I'm trying to say is, there's good stylized (whats here) to bad stylized. Anatomical correctness isnt necessary for cartoons, OBVIOUSLY, but grounding it in reality or, internal logic is better than handing off some of the more stiffer creations off as personal style.

I dont mean to sound like a negative bitch, I'm only writing this review because I was disappointed that your former work isn't as good. This piece seems to be a shift, and I REALLY want you to recognize that.

AmericanRobot responds:

Getting that animated quality in a still image is quite a challenge, so I'm glad it's at least present here. A few of my pictures had to be toned down for the sake of necessity, but this one I really had a chance to slow down and take my time on. Hopefully I can keep that groove going for my future pics.

Angry Grandma AKA Dopplegranma Angry Grandma AKA Dopplegranma

creepy

this is great. hope it wins the contest